lunes, julio 19, 2004
4:50 p. m. » The 35 Year-Old and the 4 Year-Old

I should have brought more French music. The English and American stuff just isn't going to cut it. What I need is total immersion for the purpose of language learning. Alizée will continue as my album of choice for days to come.

About Cécile. I am told time and time again that she is crazy. They can't find words to describe her, but have no problem conjuring facial expressions. She does not know organization. She seldom plans, but without hesitation does what she will. She loves the idea of and word "maybe." She told me that she'd be here at the beginning of July. Just before coming I learned that she would not be arriving until the 20th. Just yesterday she called and reported that she would no longer be coming then, but on the following Friday. I've come to believe that this woman is not in touch with reality.

Her daughter, Seréna, I've also heard plenty about. Her cousins tell me that she likes to pinch and pull hair. I've heard the word "difficult" used to describe her a few too many times. She's intelligent, and she always knows (and gets) what she wants. They say it's ok though because she listens to men. Christ, haven't they noticed that I'm not a man? I'm told it's important to be firm and strict at least at first. Why am I such a goddam pussy? This girl has never had male influence in her life. I've been told on two occasions that she's probably going to think I'm her father. I'm now convinced it's this family that's trying to kill me.

2 Comments:
 2:25 a. m. » Blogger ye ole vinegar soaked manacles of doom!

D, ahhh, you remind me of when I first came back to Europe. Your mind starts to turn in weird ways.
If you want to hear an awesome French radio station that I know is in the area then listen to Nostaligie. Its just old 60's and 70's french tunes and its amazing.

Also, if shit gets really out of hand remember that there is always a place for you here in England.

 7:19 p. m. » Blogger PGD

I you want great French music, i must recommend to you Serge Gainsbourg. Jazz, rock, yé-yé, reggae, he's done it all, and has good lyrics too.
And good luck with the crazy people...