sábado, julio 17, 2004
1:12 p. m. » The French Language and the City of Grenoble

After only a few days I've finally gotten the comprehension back under control. Expressing myself remains difficult, but that's certainly not something I hadn't already grown used to in everday life. The children have been strangely supportive, asking if the language is difficult. I'd expected to be antogonized and laughed at. One of them, I'm sure, is gay, because he keeps looking at me.

Yesterday I took a bus from the small village of Uriage (where I am currently living) to the city of Grenoble. It was only a ten minute ride, but the bus system in this city is a nightmare. There are four or five different companies that run different bus lines, and there are also the street trains. The story of how difficult it was for me to get home is not worth telling; nor is the that of the two female semi-pubescents laughing at my accent. I could tell you about the cutish gas station clerk who asked if I had coins -- that is, if that there wasn't already all there was to tell. nbsp;
 
Today I did my best to get lost, but it unfortunately did not work. I'd never had a chance to stroll the area here, and I've decided that the city is nice. I even found a pair of jeans I'd like to buy. Unfortunately, just before I flew, my debit card was lost, and I'm walking around with a temporary ATM card with a 40€ daily limit. I've been withdrawing the max daily, to ensure a sufficient flow, but the $2 charge each day is less than cool. Anyway, I have not yet accumulated the funds for these pants, but promise to let you all know when I do. I'm going to need some shoes maybe as well.
 
I was only joking when I accused Charles of being a drug pusher -- he just likes warm, flat beer.
 
I have not yet met the woman and child with whom I will be living. I have made inquiries though. More on them later.

4 Comments:
 3:24 p. m. » Blogger ye ole vinegar soaked manacles of doom!

bro, you said you liked that beer.

I hate you, may the childern beat you to a pulp with stale crossiants...

..actually I love U!!!

 6:01 p. m. » Blogger dr. j

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

p.s. i just realized that there was that dude on 90210 named "david silver" WAS THAT YOU OMG WTF

 8:47 p. m. » Blogger elle elle

did you know that there are Ps in your background pattern?

 8:03 a. m. » Blogger dr. j

OMG PEACHTREE