lunes, agosto 02, 2004
2:48 p. m. » Barcelona: Part Two

It's hot here. I mean really. From the moment I wake up until the one I fall asleep I'm sweating -- and in between the vice versa as well. I don't wear socks or undershirts anymore. I bought a pack of Gauloises for some sake, and smoking is still incredibly dirty. Awesome!

I just passed a Miniature Schnauzer on the street, and I was going to touch it, but I was afraid its master might try talking to me. I don't understand Spanish yet, but I've begun solo studying. I bought this book that requires a lesson completed each day. I've had it for three days and I'm on lesson 17. This lesson touches the imperfect tense, and I'm thinking I might be taking it all a little too quickly. Classes start in another couple of weeks. My French is still dece. I can understand when Cecile yells at Serena, but I still can't understand the girl's little story books!

I'm in a laundromat right now, and there's an Irish family in here doing laundry. One of the kids (didn't) yell U2 IS AWESOME!!!

Serena in getting better with me. We've had a lot of fun, which is a relief, because she was an absolute nightmare for a while there. She has a little Kenyan accent when she speaks English, and she never says anything quite right. "I can have it?" "You are doing what?" She learned English in Africa, so sometimes she uses Swahilian words unknowingly. For instance, taking a piss is "soo-soo." Her mother is exactly as expected -- fast paced and laid back. I think this is going to be an easy and worthwhile lot of months.

I just got an email from a friend, boasting that he hadn't written in months because he'd been travelling Europe and will continue doing so until the end of Summer. Coincidence! He, kids, by the way, was the original drummer for Star-P (well not exactly, but he's the one on the recordings), and also a co-traveller another time I was over here, so hopefully he will check his email soon, and we'll be able to see each other.

I'm thinking of picking up some absinthe. In Moulin Rouge, Kylie Minogue appeared as a pixie, and seeing as Serena's as obsessed as she is with Peter Pan, constantly reminding me that if I see him I should tell him this or that, there's a good chance SHE, KM, might show up.

I'm thinking of taking up Japanese. If anyone knows a good book, let me know.

2 Comments:
 3:21 p. m. » Blogger ye ole vinegar soaked manacles of doom!

I told you it was going to be hot.

It gets better in September. August is always the worst. Which is why, as you may have noticed, most Europeans go on holiday in August.

 3:01 a. m. » Blogger APG

yes yes.. everyone goes on vacation in august, to the coast, where it's hot. genius.