sábado, septiembre 11, 2004
11:29 p. m. » ( )

My home is (not so) slowly developing with a sort of redolence of some weak like plot belonging to a unanimously rejected sitcom pilot. As you doubtfully remember, there's been a young super-sized (in length, not width -- aka 'thin mint') French woman, (whose immaturity now jeers with a shaming brilliant apparence) sleeping in the guest bedroom. To my surprise, I awoke this morning (after one of the most ridiculous nights of my life -- which I've resolved not to discuss here, especially after having already seen it in print, composed for an email this very morning, and with 'especially after having seen it' I'm referring to the site of the words/phrases 'Victor', 'absinthe caught on fire', 'Pakistani dude', '[five] bottles of wine', 'fresh fish', 'six in the morning', 'no money left', 'discotec', and 'Green Day' all appearing on the same page -- and in addition to all that, this page failed to mention my incidentally ending up sitting on a park bench [alone at 5 am] in some unfamiliar asphalt garden, having some foreign ¿bum? sit down next to me, [incorrectly] ask what time it was, offer me a sip of his half drunk beer, then my seeing another one coming from another direction, and my [trying to] book it the fuck out. The whole thing was totally fluky.) only to find some woman from Kenya in the kitchen, and learned that her French-speaking self would also be staying with us -- for how great a length, I do not know. Later in the afternoon, two women (also from somewhere in Africa, but they're actually more like British, and I don't know one of their names, so it might be interesting to try to keep it that way [she likes talking to me because she thinks my accent's cool -- what a butthead]) showed up at the door, and I was (not as) surprised (as one might expect) to learn that they were moving in, sharing that same small room with the same small bed the 'homosexuals' shared. WTF. So now we have a 'FULL HOUSE'. I'm just grateful that my little rabbit and I love each other so.

NOTE: For my mother's sake, I'd like to make what should have been obvious clear that feelings expressed in yesterday's post were FICTIONAL, and that I AM thoroughly enjoying myself in Barcelona.

0 Comments: