jueves, septiembre 02, 2004
12:11 a. m. » Here's The Problem

Okay, here's the problem (and of course I'm drastically overgeneralizing here) with Europeans' opinion of Americans -- not their opinion actually, I'm not talking about a flaw, more the cause of it. I've, again basically, encountered two types of Americans since here. Those who are the ignorant, smiling type (their ideal American), and those Americans who consider themselves special, and BETTER than America (thus feeding the fire as well, but in an opposite like manner). It's almost shocking how comfortable these people (the Euros and the special Amis) are with allowing stereotypes to just sort of roll of their tongue like in a non joking manner. It's basically a free-for-all for those inclined to disrespect the people, and creates a slippery slope, or rather a bandwagon maybe, I don't know, and so the idea of Americans steadily descends. I, anonymously, sat right there next to an English woman, talking to an Irishman, "Oh you're from Northern Ireland? I can't imagine what the Americans say when you tell them that! I mean, where's Ireland? They don't even know where Europe is." WTF. The British are ugly. The British have bad teeth. The British eat shit for food. The British have shit for weather. The British are snobs. The British are prudish. The British are sluts. The British are racist. The British make terrible movies. The British are obsessed with gossip. The British can go fuck themselves. Where the fuck is Britain anyway? ¡ABURRIDO DE LOS BECKHAMS! What cause she had for saying this? I do not know. Time and time again I'm dealing with this. "Quelle suprise! You know some French, German and Spanish? And you're American? I didn't even think they taught languages there." Then they make that fucking face -- you know the one. "And listen to you! I can even understand your English!" I hate to present the word irony on this blog again, but it seems so incredibly necessary. Misuse? I don't even know anymore. Maybe it's just plain gay.

2 Comments:
 5:50 a. m. » Blogger APG

sorry D... another thing i forgot to warn you about. i'm not very good at that.

 10:34 p. m. » Blogger d

um... awesome.