jueves, octubre 07, 2004
3:32 p. m. » Curioso...

Two posts in one day, how rare, but still, this is urgent. Yesterday while walking along the same side of the same street I walk three times each Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I was nearly hit in the face by a baby pacifier that hung from the limb of a tree. This morning the thing was gone, but after school, in a completely different zone of the city, there was another one lying next to me on the bench in the Metro station -- but inside this strange container. I decided to come home to write and post this as soon as possible, knowing it would jinx any kind of supernatural happenings (and by the way, I'm not referring to my [nonexistent] worrying about having gotten anyone pregnant, if that's what you've interpreted) that may or may not have been taking place. Now this story can't get any better. Sorry.

2 Comments:
 7:44 p. m. » Blogger d

We were working on the pretérito imperfecto de subjuntivo... which is commonly used when giving advice. So we had to read these 'dear abby' type letters and respond to them. I chose to respond to one from a girl who was engaged, but was absurdly interested in a guy who was also engaged, but who, at the end of it all, wanted nothing to do with her... there were more details, but that's what's important.

Translation:

First of all, this guy sounds crazy to me. Second of all, so do you. What's going on with you? It's pretty hard to help someone who reminds me of such an idiot. Listen. If I were you, I would forget about this moron immediately because it's obvious he's not interested. Really, you should forget about the entire male gender, but surely that's too much to ask of someone who's already got so many problems. I also suggest that, if you really do love your boyfriend, you ask him to break up with you for his sake. Or maybe not. Because he was stupid enough to stay with you after what happened, you're probably what he deserves. Lastly, I advise you to stop writing letters that bother the majority of the population. Thanks.

 5:57 a. m. » Blogger dr. j

http://www.globalvote2004.org/

spread the word amongst tus amigos por favor, es muy importante para la securidad de los estados unidos y los ninos en todo el mundo.